The Treehouse Builders Planning Guide
treehouse builders toolkit
The Builders Planning Guide provides assistance with how to construct a treehouse page using the ToL Treehouse Editor. The pages listed below provide guidance, examples, suggestions and links to additional pages.
- Steps for Building Your Treehouse
- Start your treehouse building project here and receive step by step guidance for planning and working on your treehouse.
- Building Activities: Fun Ways to Get Started Building Treehouses
- Documenting Your Work
- Find out why you should document your work and what you can document with multimedia (text, images, movies and sounds).
- Brainstorming Help
- Get ideas for how to brainstorm, organize and plan your page.
- Copyright Rules
- Learn important information about what types of images and other media you can use in your treehouse. If you find media on the WWW that you want to use in your page you will need to get permission in writing to upload the media to the ToL database and use it in your treehouse.
- Treehouse Building Guidelines
- Teachers and students can use these optional guidelines to inform what could go into a basic treehouse project. Teachers can also use the Basic Treehouse Building Assessment Rubric
- Treehouse Page Design and Content
- Learn about some basic guidelines for treehouse page design and content. Examine some treehouse pages that conform to ToL guidelines and others that do not.